For abstract submission, please consider presenting at Prof. Smist's chemical education session below. If you wish to present on a topic not represented here, please submit into the general papers session.
- Chemical Education in the Northeast: looking back and projecting forward, organized by Prof. Julianne Smist, Springfield College.
Saturday special sessions for pre-college teachers and students
The Saturday programming is principally aimed at pre-college teachers, who are encouraged to bring their students
- K-12 education, organized by Dr. Dana Barry, Clarkson University. This Saturday session is especially suitable for high school chemistry teachers. Unfortunately, Amy Cannon has had to cancel her presentation at this event.
- Chemistry demonstrations, organized by the student chapters of St. Lawrence University and Clarkson University. This is aimed at high school students, and is likely to include a "magic show".
Careers in chemistry
- Life as a Chemist: Taking a Step (or Two) Away from the Bench, organized by the student chapters of St. Lawrence University and Clarkson University. This is aimed at undergraduates who are exploring possible careers in chemistry.
- ACS Career Services Workshops, organized by Garretta Collins, ACS Careers Services, will take place on Thursday, June 3rd. An ACS career consultant will be available to review resumes and provide career assistance. The workshops include:
- Planning Your Job Search
- Preparing a Resume
- Effective Interviewing
For full details see the main page on career workshops.